Today, data confidentiality is a priority. Norton by Symantec is a combination of robust security and performance with an intuitive interface to protect devices from today’s complex threats.
Norton – a universal solution for your PC
Norton antivirus is designed to make your PC and mobile devices as comfortable as possible in your daily life. The protection works in the background and prevents identity theft, blocks fraudulent websites, and informs about suspicious content in links. This comprehensive solution combines all of Symantec’s proven technologies for information security, phishing protection, automatic backups, and computer customization.
Norton enables you to optimize your hard drive by finding and destroying malicious files already lurking on your computer, continuously scans the most important areas on your computer, including RAM, registry keys, and active processes.
Norton-branded original developments today are focused on the efficient use of cloud technologies. It is worth noting that the local database installed on user devices is significantly reduced here, which allows the software manufacturer to reduce the requirements for the computers on which they are installed. This advantage can turn into a disadvantage if malicious software is downloaded from external media without access to the Internet. During the installation process, the antivirus requires acceptance of the user agreement and selection of a folder. But for the full use of the software installed on the computer, it will have to be registered on the manufacturer’s website.
The functionality of the software
A definitive feature of all Norton products is the presence of a single database that allows them to be as effective as possible in performing their main function – ensuring computer security. It is important to note that for some time now, all versions of antivirus software from Norton have received new designations. What used to be called Norton Antivirus is now part of the Standard line. And the Internet Security software product is called Deluxe and allows you to protect up to 5 devices simultaneously.
The classic set of protective functions of a software product includes:
- Performing protective functions online to prevent contact with Trojans, spyware, viruses, including undetected ones;
- extended protection for the storage of personal data and financial transactions during the period of being online;
- comprehensive monitoring of the security of the system during its operation;
- the developer company provides all the possibilities for removing viruses and other identified sources of increased danger by the forces of Norton specialists, at the request of users.
- Limited functionality in this case implies the ability to obtain a basic level of user protection but does not provide an extended set of available options.
Support & Updates
Norton Antivirus benefits from strong support and constant updates to help keep computers safe using this antivirus against the latest virus threats. The positive side of a paid service is that manufacturers are motivated to continually improve it, while other products may not have dedicated employees or adequate financial support.
Norton antivirus solution has the following benefits:
- One subscription to protect 10 PCs, Macs, Android, and iOS devices.
- Provides real-time protection against existing and unknown malware, including ransomware and viruses.
- Advanced security features help keep your personal and financial information safe while browsing the Internet.
- First place among services for protecting user devices.
- Contains tools to keep your kids safe online.
- Provides 25 GB of secure cloud backup storage for added malware protection.
- Informs about potentially dangerous Android apps prior to download using advanced Norton technology.
- 100% Virus Protection Promise: For the duration of your subscription, you can use Norton’s Virus Removal Service.